For physicians living in the US, this program is worth up to 12 CME credits. This program does not provide any CME credit for international physicians. The 2021 Advanced Practice Provider Neurology Education Series is a 12-week, self-paced, virtual education series designed especially for neurology advanced practice providers (APPs) and created and taught by physicians and APPs. The series offers brand new content, including overviews and updates of clinical topics and weekly resources that address several core topics in clinical neurology.
This program includes:
- 12 hours of online access to presentations
- Curated library of APP resources
- Apply neuroanatomy to the clinical setting, including strategies to localize neurologic symptoms to specific area(s) of the central or peripheral nervous system, with application to clinical cases.
- Summarize the indications for and interpretation of commonly used neurodiagnostic studies, including neuroimaging, with an emphasis on clinical correlations.
- Address common topics seen in clinical practice, including neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorders, mild cognitive impairment/common dementias, dipolopia, myopathies and motor neuron disease, peripheral neuropathy, ischemic stroke, dizziness, and tremor.
- Learn about the business of APPs, in addition to clinical practice.
|Neurological Exam Webinar and Live Chat||Calli Leighann Cook, DNP, FNP-C, FAANP, Atlanta, GA|
|Diagnosis and Treatment of Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorders: An Overview Video Release||Bryan D. Walker, PA, Durham, NC, Neeta Garg, MD, Miami, FL|
|Mild Cognitive Impairment/Common Dementias Webinar and Live Chat||Vijay K. Ramanan, MD, PhD, Rochester, MN, Laura Andelman Allen, Rochester, MN|
|Clinical Anatomy/Localization Webinar and Live Chat||Jaffar Khan, MD, FAAN, Atlanta, GA|
|Neuro-ophthalmology: Diplopia Video Release||Suma Shah, MD, Durham, NC|
|Neuromuscular Disorders: Myopathies and Motor Neuron Disease Video Release||Ericka P. Greene, MD, FAAN, Houston, TX,
Margaret Naclerio, PA, Boston, MA
|APP Productivity: The Business of APPs Webinar and Live Chat||David A. Evans, MBA, Dallas, TX|
|Evaluation of TIA/Ischemic Stroke and Secondary Prevention Webinar and Live Chat||Andrew Mebane Southerland, MD, Charlottesville, VA
Jessica Erfan, PA-C, Austin, TX
|Dizziness Video Release||Jaffar Khan, MD, FAAN, Atlanta, GA|
|Neuroimaging: Spine Video Release||Ryan Hakimi, DO, Greenville, SC|
|Movement Disorders: Tremor Video Release||Shannon Donovan Anderson, PA, Portland, OR|
|Peripheral Neuropathy Webinar and Live Chat||Michelle L. Mauermann, MD, FAAN, Rochester, MN|
DATE OF RELEASE : September 6, 2021