Clinical Knowledge is Constantly Evolving
Stay at the forefront of clinical knowledge with the Academy’s 2023-2024 Basic and Clinical Science Course™. A community of 100+ ophthalmologists refines and reviews the most relevant content each year for the BCSC®.
Practicing ophthalmologists and residents worldwide use the BCSC to ensure the highest-quality patient care. Each of the 13 sections includes up-to-date clinical knowledge, interactive activities, concise videos and tables, photos and illustrations, self-assessment questions with answers, plus opportunities for earning AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Beginning with the 2013–2014 edition, the Academy and the European Board of Ophthalmology (EBO) have partnered to make the BCSC the standard text for all European ophthalmology training programs. The EBO now recommends the BCSC as the primary educational resource for European trainees and ophthalmologists studying for the annual EBO Diploma Exam.
The BCSC Residency Set includes:
- Section 1: Update on General Medicine–Major revision
- Section 2: Fundamentals and Principles of Ophthalmology–Major revision
- Section 3: Clinical Optics and Vision Rehabilitation
- Section 4: Ophthalmic Pathology and Intraocular Tumors
- Section 5: Neuro-Ophthalmology
- Section 6: Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
- Section 7: Oculofacial Plastic and Orbital Surgery–Major revision
- Section 8: External Disease and Cornea
- Section 9: Uveitis and Ocular Inflammation–Major revision
- Section 10: Glaucoma
- Section 11: Lens and Cataract
- Section 12: Retina and Vitreous
- Section 13: Refractive Surgery