This CME teaching activity is designed to provide a practical review of head and neck, breast and dermatopathology. Faculty will discuss basic to advanced techniques, pitfalls and pearls to pathologic diagnosis. Interactive case reviews emphasizing the material presented will round out the program.
At the completion of this CME teaching activity, you should be able to:
- Achieve a better understanding of sinonasal tract pathology.
- Review salivary gland pathology.
- Identify and better understand thyroid gland pathology.
- Review Head and Neck SCC.
- Review cutaneous anatomy and embryology to better understand the origin of tumors.
- Achieve a deeper understanding of basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas.
- Review mycosis fungoides.
- Discuss diagnosis and management of Intermediate grade melanocytic tumors.
- Identify and classify Nevi and problematic melanocytic neoplasms.
- Review clinicopathologic correlation in inflammatory skin disease.
- Understand the implications of traditional and newer prognostic and predictive factors in breast cancer.
- Discuss current issues and controversies regarding ER and HER2 testing in breast cancer.
- Better understand benign atypical proliferative lesions in breast disease.
- Understand immunohistochemistry as part of the diagnostic evaluation of breast lesions.
- Participate in interactive reviews of challenging breast pathology cases.