by David F. Chang MD (Author)
Advanced IOL Fixation Techniques:Strategies for Compromised or Missing Capsular Support provides this much-needed resource with more than 70 different chapters that cover the wide array of surgical approaches. Among the contributors are many of the original innovators of the most important technologies and methodologies. In addition to teaching a specific surgical technique, these authors cover its history, rationale, and clinical results.
Editor Dr. David F. Chang is well known and acclaimed for 2 best-selling cataract textbooks—Mastering Refractive IOLs and Phaco Chop and Advanced Phaco Techniques. Along with associate editors Drs. Bryan S. Lee and Amar Agarwal, Dr. Chang has now tackled this new major subject area—how to best fixate IOLs when capsular support is compromised or absent.
- Part One covers capsular fixation with either zonulopathy or following posterior capsule rupture. Topics include using conventional and modified capsular tension rings, capsular tension segments or capsular anchors, standard and reverse optic capture with anterior capsulorrhexis, sulcus fixation, posterior capsulorrhexis, and capsular membrane suture fixation.
- Part Two covers noncapsular fixation. Topics include anterior chamber IOLs, iris claw IOLs, iris and transscleral suture fixation of posterior chamber IOLs, and intrascleral haptic fixation using the Yamane double-needle or glued IOL methods.
- Part Three covers miscellaneous topics such as anterior vitrectomy, IOL power calculation for noncapsular IOLs, and sliding slip knots and suture pupilloplasty.
To facilitate skills transfer, most chapters present detailed, step-by-step descriptions of the different techniques. The maneuvers are illustrated by over 1,100 diagrams and high-resolution surgical images. Finally, nearly every chapter is accompanied by narrated instructional videos. Combining over 150 videos, schematic diagrams, surgical images, and detailed written descriptions, Advanced IOL Fixation Techniques provides the most effective way to learn advanced surgical techniques.
With its comprehensive and practical approach to covering the gamut of strategies and devices, Advanced IOL Fixation Techniques:Strategies for Compromised or Missing Capsular Support will be an indispensable resource for cataract surgeons at all levels of experience.
- Hardcover: 584 pages
- Publisher: Slack Incorporated; 1 edition (May 15, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1630915815
- ISBN-13: 978-1630915810
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 1 x 11 inches