By Andy Shores, Brigitte A. Brisson
Advanced Techniques in Canine and Feline Neurosurgery
An up-to-date discussion of the latest advanced neurosurgical techniques for dogs and cats
In Advanced Techniques in Canine and Feline Neurosurgery, a team of distinguished veterinary practitioners delivers an authoritative and accessible compilation of current best practices for surgery of the spine, neck, and head in dogs and cats. The book focuses on advanced and cutting-edge techniques in the field, offering detailed and step-by-step descriptions of state-of-the-art procedures accompanied by video clips of most.
The authors have developed a companion website that includes additional resources for the techniques described in the book, which provides coverage of percutaneous laser disk fenestration, spinal stabilization, and pituitary surgery. Each chapter presents a detailed description of an operative technique, indications, surgical anatomy, and related and detailed illustrations. Readers will also find:
- A thorough introduction to the history of veterinary neurosurgery and applications of 3D printing in veterinary neurosurgery
- In-depth treatments of post-operative radiation therapy of intracranial tumors
- Comprehensive discussions of the more routine spinal procedures, including cervical ventral slot decompression
- Explorations of intracranial procedures, including intraoperative ultrasound in intracranial surgery
Perfect for veterinary surgeons and veterinary internal medicine specialists, Advanced Techniques in Canine and Feline Neurosurgery will also earn a place in the libraries of veterinary residents and interns.
- Publisher : Wiley-Blackwell; 1st edition (March 14, 2023)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 304 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1119790425
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119790426