by Christopher J. VandenBussche MD PhD (Author), Syed Ali MD (Author), Morgan Cowan MD (Author), Paul E. Wakely Jr. MD (Author), Joyce E. Johnson MD (Author) & 2 more_0
Atlas of Pulmonary Cytopathology With Histopathologic Correlations offers concrete diagnostic guidance for anatomic pathologists to accurately identify pulmonary disease using exfoliative and fine needle aspiration techniques. It not only illustrates the classic cytomorphology of common lung lesions, but also presents and contrasts important problem areas that can lead to erroneous interpretation. Clearly and concisely written by leaders in the field, this volume is a practical desk reference for all facets of the diagnostically challenging areas of pulmonary cytopathology.
The Atlas features more than 500 carefully selected high-resolution images detailing important aspects of the full range of lung diseases and conditions including infections, reactive lesions, benign neoplasms, and malignant tumors such as adenocarcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, neuroendocrine tumors, malignant mesothelioma, and metastatic tumors. Additionally, the book contains images of the histopathology and gross characteristics of certain lesions to provide morphologic correlations that will be relevant to cytopathologists and surgical pathologists alike. To provide a broader, more enriching perspective, the Atlas features a special chapter on the radiologic characteristics of lung lesions to provide a differential diagnosis through the eyes of an experienced radiologist. This multidisciplinary approach enhances the reader’s understanding of how cytopathology, histopathology, and radiologic information together create a powerful tool for understanding the neoplastic, reactive, and infectious disease of the lower respiratory tract.
- Provides practical, expert diagnostic guidance for the full range of pulmonary cytopathology
- Discusses common diagnostic pitfalls and interpretive errors encountered in respiratory tract specimens
- Correlates cytologic features with those seen on histology
- Presents more than 500 high-resolution images
- Includes radiologic-pathologic correlations from an expert radiologist
- Hardcover: 220 pages
- Publisher: Demos Medical; 1 edition (November 2, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1936287161
- ISBN-13: 978-1936287161
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 0.5 x 10 inches