The only review book currently available in this complex field, Brain Injury Medicine: Board Review focuses on the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and management of individuals with varying severity levels of brain injury. Focused, high-yield content prepares you for success on exams and in practice, with up-to-date coverage of traumatic brain injury (TBI), stroke, CNS neoplasms, anoxic brain injury, and other brain disorders. This unique review tool is ideal for residents, fellows, and practitioners studying or working in the field and preparing to take the brain injury medicine exam.
- Supports self-assessment and review with 200 board-style questions and explanations.
- Covers the information you need to know on traumatic brain injury by severity and pattern, neurologic disorders, systemic manifestations, rehabilitation problems and outcomes, and basic science.
- Includes questions on patient management including patient evaluation and diagnosis, prognosis/risk factors, and applied science.
- Discusses key topics such as neurodegeneration and dementia; proteomic, genetic, and epigenetic biomarkers in TBI; neuromodulation and neuroprosthetics; and assistive technology.
- Reviews must-know procedures including acute emergency management and critical care; post-concussion syndrome assessment, management and treatment; diagnostic procedures and electrophysiology; neuroimaging, and brain death criteria.
- Ensures efficient, effective review with content written by experts in physical medicine and rehabilitation, neurology, and psychiatry and a format that mirrors the board exam outline.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Item Weight : 15.8 ounces
- Paperback : 352 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323653855
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323653855
- Product Dimensions : 8.25 x 0.5 x 10.5 inches
- Publisher : Elsevier; 1st Edition (September 29, 2020)
- Language: : English