Philosophical principles of recovery and justice are driving changing attitudes in the behavioral health arena, but the practical methods used to incorporate these principles needs further clarity. To address this need, Cara and MacRae’s Psychosocial Occupational Therapy: An Evolving Practice,Fourth Edition is completely revised and reorganized. Relevant information from previous editions, including assessments, techniques, diagnoses and specialized programs are interwoven throughout the text with a new emphasis on social issues and lived experiences.
Dr. Anne MacRae designed this Fourth Edition to meet practice challenges as the occupational therapy profession continues to evolve to meet the current needs of our communities. It includes specific examples of programs, groups, assessments, activities, techniques, approaches, and outcomes.
Inside Cara and MacRae’s Psychosocial Occupational Therapy: An Evolving Practice, Fourth Edition:
- All new chapters on philosophical worldviews, psychiatric institutions and hospitals, community behavioral health services, and direct service provision, as well as consultation and program development.
- Reorganized and expanded chapters on built, virtual and natural environments, as well as cultural identity and context.
- A new chapter on personal and social identity discusses the aspects of identity that are linked to mental wellness/illness including personal choice, family, roles and habits, spirituality, rituals and traditions, as well as the profound effects of trauma, stigma, poverty, and violence.
- Trauma, stigma, poverty and violence are also identified throughout the text, especially in the case illustrations.
- Revised chapters on mental health of infants, children, adolescents and older adults.
- New chapters on mental health of emerging adults and mid-life adults.
Instructors in educational settings can visit www.efacultylounge.com for additional materials to be used in the classroom.
While occupational therapists can certainly use this material for providing direct services and being part of a team, Cara and MacRae’s Psychosocial Occupational Therapy: An Evolving Practice, Fourth Edition is also an invaluable resource for defining and explaining psychosocial occupational therapy, and in supporting our roles in consultation and program development.
- Hardcover: 264 pages
- Publisher: Slack Incorporated; Fourth edition (March 20, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1630914770
- ISBN-13: 978-1630914776
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 1 x 11 inches