by Michael Murphy FRCP Edin FRCPath (Author), Rajeev Srivastava (Author), Kevin Deans PhD FRCP FRCPath (Author)
Now over 70,000 copies sold!
This comprehensively revised edition of Clinical Biochemistry offers essential reading for today’s students of medicine and other health science disciplines – indeed, anyone who requires a concise, practical introduction to the subject. Topics are clearly presented in a series of double-page ‘learning units’, each covering a particular aspect of clinical biochemistry. Four sections provide a core grounding in the subject:
- Introducing clinical biochemistry gives an insight into how modern hospital laboratories work, and includes an entirely new series of learning units on the interpretation of test results
- Core biochemistry covers the bulk of routine analyses, and their relevance to the clinical setting
- Endocrinology provides an overview of endocrine investigations as well as a practical approach to thyroid, adrenal, pituitary and gonadal function testing
- Specialised investigations embraces an assortment of other topics that students may encounter
This edition represents the most radical revision of the book to date. Every learning unit has been examined and updated to reflect current developments and clinical best practice. Entirely new material includes a series of learning units on interpretation and analytical aspects of clinical biochemistry. Coverage of fluid biochemistry is now more comprehensive. New “Want to know more?” links throughout the book point readers to relevant further information.
- (Printed version) now includes the complete eBook version for the first time – downloadable for anytime access and enhanced with new, interactive multiple choice questions for each section, to test your understanding and aid exam preparation
- Series: Illustrated Colour Text
- Paperback: 188 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 6 edition (June 14, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0702072982
- ISBN-13: 978-0702072987
- Product Dimensions: 5.9 x 0.9 x 8.3 inches