By Leon Kaplan, Lawrence G Lenke
The ultimate guide and surgical manual for managing patients with rigid spinal deformities
Despite attempts to detect and treat spine deformities early in younger and older populations, spine deformity surgeons encounter a wide array of complex spine pathologies in patients across the age and pathology continuum. Corrective Osteotomies for Rigid Spinal Deformities, edited by world-renowned spinal deformity specialists Leon Kaplan and Lawrence G. Lenke, features contributions from an impressive group of global experts. The superbly written compendium highlights inherent challenges of managing rigid spinal deformities and provides a wide array of safe and optimal treatment solutions.
Thirty-four chapters encompass surgical and nonsurgical management strategies for congenital, neuromuscular, syndrome-associated, and infection- and neoplasm-related rigid spinal deformities. Special topics include secondary correction, pitfalls and difficulties, revision surgeries, and surgical and trauma-related neurological complications. New technologies are covered, including computer-assisted robotic surgery, evaluation and treatment of spinal tuberculosis in adults and children, and biological aspects that enhance spinal fusion. Throughout the text, the authors share firsthand pearls gained over many decades of delivering surgical care.
- The rationale, decision-making, meticulous planning, surgical strategies, and outcomes presented for each type of spinal deformity reflect the authors’ extensive clinical and surgical experience
- Step-by-step methodology for treating rigid spinal deformities, including anterior, posterior, and combined approaches
- Anesthetic aspects of spine correction in different stages of surgery and the importance of spinal neuromonitoring
- Reader-friendly algorithms, full color photographs, and radiographic images enhance the understanding of underlying pathologies and treatment strategies
This is an indispensable diagnostic and surgical manual for advanced spine surgeons who specialize in correcting rigid spinal deformities in pediatric and adult patients. Spine surgery residents and fellows will also benefit from reading this comprehensive resource.
This print book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https: //medone.thieme.com.
Publisher’s Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
- Publisher : Thieme Medical Publishers (May 31, 2023)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 316 pages
- ISBN-10 : 3131730811
- ISBN-13 : 978-3131730817