by Brian Gastman (Editor)
The treatment of skin cancer has become an increasingly multispecialty practice. Ongoing surgical and postsurgical advances and emergent factors that predispose patients to these tumors have changed the treatment paradigm. Having a keen understanding of diagnostic, surgical, and nonsurgical treatment options is key to identifying, treating, or referring patients with potential cutaneous malignancies.
While Brian R. Gastman’s Cutaneous Malignancies: A Surgical Perspective is the first of its kind to emphasize surgical management of skin cancer, several sections are devoted to systemic nonsurgical therapies affecting patient care and surgical intervention. Topics encompassed include prevention, diagnosis, medication management, appropriate margin size, reconstruction methods, and the importance of stellar dermatopathology.
- The role of Mohs micrographic surgery and radiation in skin cancer treatment
- Treatment approaches for the two most common forms of skin cancer respectively, basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma
- Surgical treatment of cutaneous malignant melanoma and other high-risk malignancies
- Clinical insights on completion lymphadenectomy and sentinel node biopsy for melanoma, two topics rarely addressed in context with skin cancer
- Diagnosis and treatment of rare malignancies including Merkel cell carcinoma, dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans, cutaneous angiosarcoma, and cutaneous leiomyosarcoma
- More than 400 high-quality illustrations further delineate surgical modalities
Edited by an esteemed dual board certified plastic surgeon and otolaryngologist, this definitive book is the most complete guide to surgical management of skin cancer. It is essential reading for plastic surgeons, dermatologists, otolaryngologists, and all clinicians who treat or refer patients with suspected skin cancer.
- Hardcover: 272 pages
- Publisher: Thieme; 1 edition (November 20, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1626231478
- ISBN-13: 978-1626231474
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 0.8 x 11 inches