For decades, Emery and Rimoin’s Principles and Practice of Medical Genetics and Genomics has served as the ultimate resource for clinicians integrating genetics into medical practice. With detailed coverage in contributions from over 250 of the world’s most trusted authorities in medical genetics and a series of 11 volumes available for individual sale, the Seventh Edition of this classic reference includes the latest information on seminal topics such as prenatal diagnosis, genome and exome sequencing, public health genetics, genetic counseling, and management and treatment strategies to complete its coverage of this growing field for medical students, residents, physicians, and researchers involved in the care of patients with genetic conditions. This comprehensive yet practical resource emphasizes theory and research fundamentals related to applications of medical genetics across the full spectrum of inherited disorders and applications to medicine more broadly.
Clinical Principles and Applications thoroughly addresses general methods and approaches to genetic counseling, genetic diagnostics, treatment pathways, and drug discovery. Additionally, new and updated chapters explore the clinical implementation of genomic technologies, analytics, and therapeutics, with special attention paid to developing technologies, common challenges, patient care, and ethical and legal aspects.
With regular advances in genomic technologies propelling precision medicine into the clinic, the seventh edition of Emery and Rimoin’s Principles and Practice of Medical Genetics and Genomics bridges the gap between high-level molecular genetics and practical application and serves as an invaluable clinical tool for the health professionals and researchers.
- Fully revised and up-to-date, this new edition introduces genetic researchers, students, and health professionals to general principles of genetic counseling, genetic and genomic diagnostics, treatment pathways, drug discovery, and the application of genomic technologies, analytics, and therapeutics in clinical practice
- Examines key topics and developing areas within clinical genomics, including genetic evaluation of patients, clinical trials and drug discovery, genetic health records, cytogenetic analysis, diagnostic molecular genetics, small molecule genetic therapeutics, gene product replacement, clinical teratology, transplantation genetics, and ethical and legal aspects of genomic medicine
- Includes color images supporting identification, concept illustration, and method processing
- Features contributions by leading international researchers and practitioners of medical genetics
- Hardcover: 412 pages
- Publisher: Academic Press; 7 edition (December 14, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0128125365
- ISBN-13: 978-0128125366
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 1 x 9.2 inches