By Baha Al-Shaikh FRCA, Simon G. Stacey FRCA FFICM
Easy to read and follow, Essentials of Equipment in Anaesthesia, Critical Care and Perioperative Medicine makes an otherwise dry subject digestible and easy to learn. This practical textbook comprehensively covers all the equipment used in the operating theatre and intensive care unit, including why it is used and any related safety concerns. It has been fully updated in its sixth edition to include new technologies introduced during the Covid-19 pandemic.
This is ideal as the main text for all trainees undertaking the primary FRCA exams and is also suitable anyone who works with anaesthetic equipment, including anaesthetic and intensive care nurses and operating department practitioners. It features concise and consistent text and illustrations, self-assessment features, and exam tips.
- Portable, concise and simply formatted – a perfect practical companion
- Clear coloured images and illustrations bring the text to life
- Follows the Royal College of Anaesthetists postgraduate training and exam syllabus
- Summary boxes, more than 100 exam style questions, and OSCE stations and exam tips all aid the reader in exam revision
- Covers new equipment and fully updated relevant to current practice
- Suggested further reading fully updated
- New information on: Aladin Cassettes; Glostavent machine; CONTRAfluran system; videolaryngoscopy and high definition camera use in intubation and endoscopy; use of ultrasound in epidural; Penthrox; NRFit devices; Cell saver; ECMO
- Publisher : Elsevier; 6th edition (July 24, 2023)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 282 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323848451
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323848459