by Sue E. Meiner
Gerontologic Nursing, 5th Edition offers comprehensive disorder and wellness coverage to equip you with the essential information you need to provide the best nursing care to older adults. A body-system organization makes information easy to find, and includes discussions on health promotion, psychologic and sociocultural issues, and the common medical-surgical problems associated with aging adults. Written by expert educator and clinician Sue Meiner, EdD, APRN, BC, GNP, this book also emphasizes topics such as nutrition, chronic illness, emergency treatment, patient teaching, home care, and end-of-life care.
- Case Studies specialty boxes provide realistic situations to expand your knowledge and understanding.
- UNIQUE! Nursing care plans supply guidance on selecting appropriate nursing activities and interventions for specific conditions.
- Evidence-Based Practice specialty boxes pull the critical evidence-based information contained in the text into boxes for easy access and identification.
- UNIQUE! Client/Family Teaching specialty boxes emphasize key aspects of practice and teaching for self-care.
- UNIQUE! Home Care specialty boxes highlight tips to promote practical, effective home care for the older adult.
- UNIQUE! Emergency Treatment specialty boxes highlight critical treatment needed in emergency situations.
- UNIQUE! Nutritional Considerations specialty boxes demonstrate special nutritional needs and concerns facing the aging population.
- NEW! Completely revised Pharmacologic Management chapter covering substance abuse.
- NEW! Completely revised Cognitive and Neurologic Function chapter covering mental health.
- NEW! Up-to-date content equips you with the most current information as the basis of the best possible care for problems affecting the older adult population.
- Streamlined focus presents the essential “need to know” information for the most common conditions in older adults in a format that you can easily and quickly grasp.
- UNIQUE! Disorder index on the inside cover supplies a handy reference to guide students to the information they need quickly and easily.
- Complex aspects of aging offers detailed and comprehensive coverage of pain, infection, cancer, chronic illness, loss, death, and dying, and substance abuse.
- Thorough assessment coverage recaps normal, deviations from normal, and abnormal findings of vitals for the older adult for students and practitioners.
- ISBN-13: 9780323266024
- Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date: 11/6/2014
- Edition description: New Edition
- Edition number: 5
- Pages: 704