Headache is the number one complaint that causes a patient to see a neurologist. Because headaches constitute such a large part of many clinicians practices, the United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties created an annually-administered headache subspecialty exam in 2006.
Headache Medicine: Questions and Answers is the only question-and-answer book for the new headache subspecialty exam, with more than 500 questions, answers, explanations, and references to help readers self-assess their knowledge and to prepare for the subspecialty exam, as well as the neurology Board examination.
Headache Medicine: Questions and Answers covers everything from the basics of epidemiology and co-morbidity, to must-know clinical neurology, to diagnosis and treatment. Board-type review questions are used throughout, each with an answer, a detailed explanation, and one or more references to help direct more in-depth review as desired. Divided into six key sections for targeted topic review, this is the most comprehensive and effective way to prepare for exams.
Key features of Headache Medicine include:
- Board-type question format used to provide familiarity with question types
- Answers and explanations, which detail not only why the answer is correct, but also why the distracters are wrong.
- A series of in-depth, multi-question patient management problems that provide a realistic clinical learning experience
- References with each question for further investigation as desired
- Paperback: 362 pages
- Publisher: Demos Medical Publishing; 1 edition (December 19, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1933864362
- ISBN-13: 978-1933864365