by George L. Bakris, Matthew SorrentinoGeorge L. Bakris
The third edition of Hypertension: A Companion to Braunwald’s Heart Disease, by Drs. George L. Bakris and Matthew Sorrentino, focuses on every aspect of managing and treating patients who suffer from hypertensive disorders. Designed for cardiologists, endocrinologists and nephrologists alike, this expansive, in-depth review boasts expert guidance from contributors worldwide, keeping you abreast of the latest developments from basic science to clinical trials and guidelines. Hypertension also includes an Expert Consult eBook updated with late-breaking clinical trials, reviews of important new articles, and the latest guidance on clinical practice, all selected and masterfully edited by Dr. Eugene Braunwald.
• Features expert guidance from worldwide contributors in cardiology, endocrinology, neurology and nephrology.
• Covers behavior management as an integral part of treatment plans for hypertensives and pre-hypertensives.
• Covers new developments in epidemiology, pathophysiology, immunology, clinical findings, laboratory testing, invasive and non-invasive testing, risk stratification, clinical decision-making, prognosis, and management.
• Includes chapters on hot topics such as hypertension as an immune disease; sleep disorders including sleep apnea, a major cause of hypertension; a novel chapter on environmental pollution and its contribution to endothelial dysfunction, and more!
• Equips you with the most recent guidelines from the major societies.
• Updates sourced from the main Braunwald’s Heart Disease text.
• Highlights new combination drug therapies and the management of chronic complications of hypertension.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Series:||Companion to Braunwald’s Heart Disease|
|Product dimensions:||8.75(w) x 11.06(h) x (d)|