By Emily Slone McKinney MSN RN C, Susan R. James PhD MSN RN, Sharon Smith Murray MSN RN C, Kristine Nelson RN MN, Jean Ashwill MSN RN
Build your skills in the science and art of maternity and pediatric nursing! Maternal-Child Nursing, 6th Edition makes it easy to understand the essentials of women’s health, maternity, and children’s nursing care. It simplifies the steps of the nursing process and relates them to care, helping you develop clinical judgment skills and provide safe, effective care in evidence-based practice. This edition adds case studies preparing you for the new Next Generation NCLEX® examination. Best of all, active learning tools and features make it fun to master nursing concepts, offering plenty of opportunities to apply your knowledge to the practice setting.
- Nursing Care Plans help students apply the nursing process to plan individualized care in the most common maternity and pediatric situations.
- Clinical Reference sections in pediatrics chapters provide basic information on disorders and their related anatomy and physiology, differences in body systems between children and adults, commonly used drugs, lab values, diagnostic tests, and procedures.
- Clinical Judgment boxes highlight situations designed to test clinical judgment skills.
- Health Promotion boxes highlight information needed to perform a comprehensive assessment of well infants and children at various ages.
- Safety Alerts emphasize what is important to remember when providing safe and optimal quality care.
- Pathophysiology boxes present an illustrated overview of illnesses and how to manage them.
- Want to Know boxes provide teaching guidelines, including sample answers for questions that are likely to be asked or topics that need to be taught.
- Communication Cues offer practical tips for verbal and nonverbal communication with patients and families.
- Glossary at the end of the book gives students quick access to all key terms and definitions.
- NEW! Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN) examination-style case studies expose students to how content will be tested in the exam; case studies are either single-situation or unfolding studies.
- NEW! Updated Drug Guides summarize the latest information on medications.
- Publisher : Elsevier; 6th edition (December 7, 2021)
- Language : English
- ISBN-10 : 0323751466
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323751469
- ISBN-13 : 9780323751469
- eText ISBN: 9780323697897