McLean Course in Electrodiagnostic Medicine
“The McLean Course in Electrodiagnostic Medicine is a resident-tested curriculum designed to help trainees in PM&R and neurology gain competency in basic electrodiagnostic techniques and prepare them to become “functional electrodiagnosticians” on day one of their clinical rotation. The material is broken into discrete units and follows a standardized format. Each study includes bulleted lists of objectives, fundamental concepts, and tips for success. The procedures are presented as illustrated tables with specifics for lead placement, stimulation, sample waveforms, and photographs to guide electrodiagnostic set-ups. Multiple choice questions and answers with explanations follow each unit to reinforce learning. This book is the perfect tool to prepare you for all of your electrodiagnostic studies, either for individual self-directed learning or as part of a structured curriculum.
The McLean Course in Electrodiagnostic Medicine is the outgrowth of a course developed at the Kessler Institute in 2004 by a group of residents led by the late Jim McLean. The course was initiated to further the understanding of electrodiagnostic fundamentals and provide hands-on practice for residents. Today the course has been adopted as part of the official curriculum at the Kessler Institute, is taught each spring at the Annual AAP meeting, and is on the curriculum of several other major institutions.
Features of The McLean Course in Electrodiagnostic Medicine include:
- A step-by-step guide for the novice electrodiagnostician presented as a readily implemented course
- Emphasis on skills and concepts required for success in beginning a clinical rotation
- Formatted multi-layered didactic approach facilitates independent learning
- Clear, easy to understand tables and photos illustrate each set-up and study
- Practical exam and quizzes provide measures for self-assessment and course effectiveness
- Spiral-bound: 248 pages
- Publisher: Demos Medical Publishing; First edition (August 4, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 193386463X
- ISBN-13: 978-1933864631