By Patrick R. Murray PhD
Concise and easy to read, Murray’s Basic Medical Microbiology: Foundations and Clinical Cases, 2nd Edition, provides a solid foundation in the principles of microbiology, preparing you not only for examinations but also for the transition to clinical application. Authored by Dr. Patrick Murray, the lead author of the bestselling Medical Microbiology, this clearly written, condensed text offers a straightforward, practical introduction to this challenging topic. It provides complete coverage of the most commonly observed organisms and diseases, numerous case studies, review questions, and up-to-date content throughout, including coverage of COVID-19.
- Features a logical organization by organism, focusing on the association between an organism and disease.
- Provides over 180 clinical cases to strengthen understanding of infectious organisms in a clinical setting.
- Includes a brand new section with devoted chapters on diseases affecting each body system and the multiple organisms that may be responsible to help sharpen clinical reasoning skills.
- Includes differential diagnosis, organism classification overview, and a list of antimicrobials used to treat infections in the introductory chapter of each organism section, reinforcing clinical application and relevance.
- Contains numerous tables and high-quality illustrations that offer visual guidance and an easy review of key material.
- Includes more multiple-choice review questions to aid in self-assessment and examination preparation.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Publisher : Elsevier; 2nd edition (March 29, 2023)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 280 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323878105
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323878104