By Christopher Madden MD FACSM, Margot Putukian MD FACSM, Eric McCarty MD, Craig Young MD
With comprehensive, highly visual coverage designed for sports clinicians, team physicians, sports medicine fellows, primary care physicians, and other health care professionals who provide care to athletes and active individuals, Netter’s Sports Medicine, 3rd Edition, is an ideal resource for everyday use. Editors include three past presidents of the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine, it includes contributions from world-renowned experts as well as a rich illustration program with many classic paintings by Frank H. Netter, MD. From Little League to professional sports, weekend warriors to Olympic champions, and backcountry mountainside to the Super Bowl field, this interdisciplinary reference is indispensable in the busy outpatient office, in the training room, on the sidelines, and in preparation for sports medicine board certification.
- More than 1,000 superb Netter graphics
- , tables, figures, pictures, diagnostic images, and other medical artwork highlight
easy-to-read, bulleted text
- New coverage of esports, as well as other key topics such as travel considerations for the athlete, EKG interpretation, cardiac disease, diagnostic imaging and ultrasound, injury prevention protocols, and mixed martial arts.
- Up-to-date information on nutritional supplements, eating disorders, sports and pharmacology for chronic conditions and behavioral medicine, and extreme and adventure sports.
- Designed for quick reference, with a logical organization by both topic and sport.
- Publisher : Elsevier; 3rd edition (March 29, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 864 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323796699
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323796699
- ISBN-13 : 9780323796699
- eText ISBN: 9780323796729
- eText ISBN: 9780323796705