by Nicholas Silvestri (Editor)_0
Neuromuscular Disorders: A Symptoms and Signs Approach to Differential Diagnosis and Treatment is a practical, evidence-based guide to diagnosis and management of neuromuscular disorders for clinicians. Taking a signs and symptoms approach to the myriad of muscle and nerve problems encountered in the clinic or on the wards, the book provides a roadmap for assessing and localizing weakness, pain, and other disease hallmarks, making an accurate diagnosis, and effective management.
Neuromuscular Disorders features bulleted outlines for targeted access to key information and is peppered with useful tables and figures for quick reference. Chapters are written by neuromuscular specialists and are structured to cover the history, clinical investigation, differential diagnosis, and treatment for each disorder. Unlike other texts that begin with diagnosis and work backwards, this concise point-of-care reference starts with presenting complaints and findings to guide the reader along the diagnostic pathway. This approach is the foundation of neurologic practice, and this book will be a valued companion for anyone who suspects a neuromuscular pathology in a patient.
- A unique, practical reference for clinicians
- Symptoms and signs approach to the diagnosis and treatment of neuromuscular disorders
- Delivers the need-to-know information for successfully identifying and treating both common and rare neuromuscular disorders
- Structured bullet-point format with tables, diagrams, and algorithms for quick access to essential content
- Includes downloadable ebook for use on mobile devices or computer
- Paperback: 240 pages
- Publisher: Demos Medical; 1 edition (December 11, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0826171982
- ISBN-13: 978-0826171986
- Product Dimensions: 5.2 x 0.8 x 8 inches