Nunn’s Applied Respiratory Physiology, Seventh Edition covers all aspects of respiratory physiology in health, disease, and altered conditions and environments, from basic science to clinical applications.
- Includes functional anatomy, mechanics, control of breathing, ventilation, circulation, ventilation-perfusion matching, diffusion, carbon dioxide and oxygen, and non-respiratory functions of the lung.
- Discusses the effects of pregnancy, exercise, sleep, altitude, pressure, drowning, smoking, anaesthesia, hypocapnia, hypercarbia, hypoxia, hyperoxia, and anaemia on respiratory physiology.
- Explores specific clinical disorders such as ventilatory failure, airways disease, pulmonary vascular disease, parenchymal lung disease, and acute lung injury, as well as the physiological basis of current therapies, including artificial ventilation, extrapulmonary gas exchange, and lung transplantation.
- Chapter on Parenchymal Lung Disease has been specifically expanded to include the physiology and pathology of the pleural space and lung cancer.
- Contains a new chapter on Pulmonary Surgery, covering a wide range of surgical interventions from bronchoscopy to lung resection.
- Includes almost 500 new references to the literature.
The result is an invaluable source for those preparing for examinations in anaesthesia and intensive care, as well as an essential purchase for practitioners who want quick reference to current knowledge.
should have access to this text. It is also an unparalleled source of information for any physician teaching in these areas.Peter D. Slinger, MD
Professor of Anaesthesia
University of Toronto
Toronto, Ontario, CanadaAnesthesia and Analgesia Vol. 104, No. 5, May 2007 –This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
- Hardcover: 568 pages
- Publisher: Churchill Livingstone; 7 edition (August 26, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0702029963
- ISBN-13: 978-0702029967
- ISBN-13: 9780702029967
- eText ISBN: 9780702054167
- eText ISBN: 9780702049194