Written by two leaders in the field of pediatric dermatology, this classic text provides both detailed content for the specialist and easily accessible information for the non-dermatologist and less experienced clinician. Paller and Mancini – Hurwitz Clinical Pediatric Dermatology, 6th Edition, comprehensively covers the full range of skin disorders in children, offering authoritative, practical guidance on diagnosis and treatment in a single volume. This award-winning, evidence-based text has been fully revised and updated, and is an essential resource for anyone who sees children with skin disorders.
- Features new content outline boxes for faster navigation, hundreds more clinical images, and authors’ tips for the diagnosis and treatment of pediatric skin diseases.
- Contains updated, evidence-based guidance and the latest drug developments and disease classifications.
- Provides a careful balance of narrative text, useful tables, and 1,300 high-quality clinical photographs, helping you recognize virtually any skin condition you’re likely to see.
- Includes a greatly expanded discussion of atopic dermatitis and psoriasis and new therapeutic approaches for treating genetic disorders and systemic diseases such as ichthyoses and rheumatologic disorders.
- Discusses new tests for subclassifying disease, such as the myositis-specific antibodies of juvenile dermatomyositis, genotyping, and immunophenotypes of inflammatory skin disorders.
- Contains new and updated tables on psoriasis co-morbidities, genetic syndrome classifications, acne therapies, pediatric histiocytoses, PHACE syndrome criteria, HSV therapies and juvenile dermatomyositis.
- Features updated sections on infections, exanthems, vascular disorders, dermatoses and genodermatoses.
- Discusses hot topics such as the use of stem cell and cell therapy, as well as recombinant protein, for treating epidermolysis bullosa; the resurgence of measles; congenital Zika virus infections; and much more.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Publisher:Elsevier; 6th edition (July 12, 2021)
- Hardcover:688 pages
- eText ISBN: 9780323549899