by Eelco F.M. Wijdicks (Author)
Dr. Wijdicks condenses essential information into several sections comprising of the principles in recognizing critically ill neurologic patients in the emergency department, the evaluation of symptoms indicating critical emergency, general principles of managing critically ill patients, monitoring devices and diagnostic tests, complete management of specific disorders in the neurosciences intensive care unit, postoperative neurosurgical and neurointerventional complications, management of medical complications, and end of life care.
Key Features of the New Edition include
1. Additional chapters on critical consults in surgical and medical ICUs, critical care management, and comprehensive monitoring and biomarkers to reflect new research;
2. Rich illustrations using color photos of patients and drawings of important basic concepts of mechanism of acute neurologic disease;
3. Fully updated and comprehensive reference list;
4. A pocket book of selected tables and figures covering all essential points for quick reference and as a survival guide for house staff.
This is the go-to guide for every physician, staff neurologist, neurointensivist, resident, and fellow in training with managing acutely ill neurologic patients.
- Hardcover: 936 pages
- Publisher: Oxford University Press; 2 edition (May 9, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0190259558
- ISBN-13: 978-0190259556