By DR. DINESH KANFADE
I am an Obstetrician & Gynecologist having more than 30 years of experience both in public and private sector hospitals. Over the period I realized that though preconception care is one of the most important components of maternal health, it is neglected in majority of the developing countries including India. We need to work on it.This thought inspired me to write a book on preconception care.Pre-pregnancy care and counseling is the meeting with healthcare professional generally an Obstetrician by a woman before attempting to become pregnant.Preconception care is the form of preventive care which include counseling and health education about the state of woman’s health prior to pregnancy.Many observational studies from both developed and developing countries have shown that pre-pregnancy health of a woman is the deciding factor to have healthy pregnancy outcomes in relation to mother and baby both.Preconception care is the ” window of opportunity” to tackle all unhealthy maternal problems resulting in favorable environment for the growth of embryo/fetus.This book is a complete guide with scientifically- backed knowledge to help a woman to prepare herself for healthy pregnancy.This book contains:
- What exactly preconception care means ?
- Why preconception care and counseling is important ?
- Main components of preconception care.
- Maternal age in relation to pregnancy risk.
- Maternal obesity in relation to pregnancy risk.
- Starting folic acid supplementation 400mcg/day 4 – 6 weeks prior to pregnancy planning.
- Immunization prior to pregnancy.
- Basic blood investigations prior to pregnancy.
- Knowledge about contraceptives to be used in specific situation to avoid unwanted risky pregnancy.
- Stabilizing the maternal medical disease, if any, with suitable medications prior to pregnancy. I hope that this book will prove useful as a reference guide both for healthcare providers as well to the couples in reproductive age group who are planning for pregnancy. Consult your healthcare professional before taking a chance for pregnancy. Pregnancy should always be by choice and not by chance. DR. DINESH KANFADE
- ASIN : B09Q1WM2RJ
- Publisher : Independently published (January 9, 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 127 pages
- ISBN-13 : 979-8797791409
- ISBN-13 : 9798797791409