by Kevin T. Patton
No other two-semester A&P text rivals Anatomy & Physiology, 9th Edition for its student-friendly writing, visually engaging content, and wide range of teaching and learning support. Focusing on the unifying themes of structure and function and homeostasis, authors Patton and Thibodeau utilize a very conversational and easy-to-follow narrative to guide you through difficult A&P material. Readers can also connect with the textbook through a number of free electronic resources, includingNetter’s 3D Interactive Anatomy, A&P Online, an electronic coloring book, online tutoring, and more! Just because the subject matter of A&P is complicated, doesn’t mean your textbook has to be – especially when you have Patton at your side!
- Conversational writing style
- makes text engaging and easy to understand.
- 11.7 Reading level is the lowest available for 2-semester A&P books.
- Numerous feature boxes including: Language of Science and Language of Medicine, Mechanisms of Disease, Health Matters, Diagnostic Study, FYI, Sport and Fitness, and Career Choices provide interesting and important sidebars to the main content.
- More than 1,400 full-color photographs and drawings illustrate the most current scientific knowledge and bring difficult concepts to life. A color key is included in the front matter to show color scheme that is used consistently throughout the book (for example, bones are off white, enzymes are lime green, nucleus is purple).
- UNIQUE! Consistent unifying themes, such as the Big Picture and Cycle of Life sections in each chapter, help you understand the interrelation of body systems and how the structure and function of these change in relation to age and development.
- Quick Check Questions reinforce learning by prompting you to review what you just read.
- Chapter outlines, chapter objectives and study tips begin each chapter.
- Outline summaries, review questions, critical thinking questions, and case studies are included at the end of each chapter.
- NEW! Reorganized content now includes the splitting of selected chapters to aid better your reading and retention.
- NEW! Introduction to Tissues and Tissue Types increases comprehension of histological concepts and improved retention of the many different tissue types that make up the body.
- NEW! Updated Career Choices spotlights now include occupational therapist and radiologic technologist among others to keep up with the evolving day-to-day world of the medical professions and to demonstrate the necessity for a solid knowledge of A&P to succeed within those fields.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||New Edition|