Choose the best possible skin and wound care products to support your patients’ skin health and wound healing, with the invaluable Product Guide to Skin and Wound Care, 8th Edition.
Listing 294 product in alphabetical order, this handy product guide for wound care practitioners across all practice settings offers detailed information—sizes, action, indications, contraindications, application, and removal information—so that your choices stay informed and accurate.
Know the purpose and use of skin and wound care products, to assist in the proper product choice, usage, and documentation:
- NEW products to update your formulary choices, including sizes, action, indication, application and removal
- Offers concise reviewsof the many skin and wound care products now available—including collagens, hydrocolloids, antifungals, and antimicrobials, liquid skin protectants, moisture barriers, and other skin care products
- NEW enhanced, full-color manufacturer photos of each product
- Offers the characteristics, function, and use of skin and wound care dressings, drugs, and devices, including classification of a particular condition
- Offers an Alphabetical Wound Care Product Guide that illustrates:
- Product information detailing action, indications, contraindications, application, and removal
- Reimbursement codes for products provided by manufacturers
- Many product references supporting products
- Wound care product categories include: alginates, antimicrobials, cellular and tissue-based products, collagens, composites, contact layers, drugs, foams, hydrocolloids, hydrogels, negative pressure wound therapy, specialty absorptives, surgical dressings, transparent films, wound fillers, and other devices and products
- Offers a comprehensive listing of additional products—abdominal dressings and holders, compression bandage systems, conforming bandages, elastic bandage rolls, impregnated gauzes, nonimpregnated gauzes, packing strips, tapes and wound cleansers
- A must-have for any wound care practitioner—provides you with the easy-to-reference product details needed to move your practice forward and stay at the forefront of your field
About the Author
Cathy Thomas Hess, RN, BSN, CWCN, resides in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. With over 30 years of wound care experience in a variety of healthcare settings, she’s been engaged to share her expertise with skin and wound care practitioners, manufacturers, product suppliers, insurers, law firms, and governmental agencies. She serves on the Editorial Advisory Board and Contributing Author for Advances in Skin and Wound Care and other health care periodicals. She is a past Board Member and Marketing Chair for the Wound, Continence, and Ostomy Certification Board, has appeared in educational videos, authored journal articles and book chapters, and is a national and international speaker.
- Paperback: 504 pages
- Publisher: LWW; Eighth edition (December 21, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1496388097
- ISBN-13: 978-1496388094
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.8 x 9 inches