by Alon Y. Avidan MD MPH (Author)_0
Successfully review sleep medicine whether you plan to improve your sleep medicine competency skills or prepare for the Sleep Medicine Certification Exam with this expanded review-and-test workbook that includes more than 1,400 interactive questions and answers online. Now in full color throughout, Review of Sleep Medicine, 4th Edition, by Dr. Alon Y. Avidan, features a new, high-yield format designed to help you make the most of your study time, using figures, polysomnography tracings, EEG illustrations, sleep actigraphy and sleep diaries, tables, algorithms, and key points to explain challenging topics. The text is fully searchable online and features hundreds of interactive questions and answers in study and timed practice modes, making this the ideal resource for ABSM exam preparation.
- Includes concise summaries of all aspects of sleep medicine clinical summaries from epidemiology, pathophysiology, clinical features, diagnostic techniques, treatment strategies and prognostic implications.
- Provides a library of assessment questions with comprehensive explanations to help you identify the reasoning behind each answer and think logically about the problems.
- Offers the expertise of a multidisciplinary global team of experts including sleep researchers, multispecialty sleep clinicians, and educators. The unique strength of this educational resource is its inclusion of all sleep subspecialties from neurology to pulmonary medicine, psychiatry, internal medicine, clinical psychology, and Registered Polysomnographic Technologists.
- Perfect for sleep medicine practitioners, sleep medicine fellows and trainees, allied health professionals, nurse practitioners, sleep technologists, and other health care providers as review tool, quick reference manual, and day-to-day resource on key topics in sleep medicine.
- Provides a highly effective review with a newly condensed, outline format that utilizes full-color tables, figures, diagrams, and charts to facilitate quick recall of information.
- Includes new and emerging data on the function and theories for why we sleep, quality assessment in sleep medicine, and benefits and risks of sleep-inducing medications.
- Contains new chapters on sleep stage scoring, sleep phylogenic evolution and ontogeny, geriatric sleep disorders and quality measures in sleep medicine.
- Features an expanded online question bank with 1,400 questions and answers that mimic the ABMS sleep exam in style and format.
- Paperback: 848 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 4 edition (September 15, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323462162
- ISBN-13: 978-0323462167
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 1.3 x 10.9 inches