Barry D. Mann MD FACS (Author)
Designed to teach you to think like an experienced clinician, this unique resource places as much value on process as it does on content. A case-based organization hones in on the must-know differential diagnoses of the common surgical presentations. Its convenient pocket-sized format enables you to review the material on the go, and online access via Student Consult enhances your study of the material and exponentially boosts your reference power.
- Provides high-yield core information essential to surgical rotations in a portable, pocket-sized format.
- Uses a color-coded system that places the core surgical information in a framework of the ACGME Core Competencies.
- Offers self-assessment activities throughout to promote retention and application of knowledge, including access on line to your own competency-based portfolio tools and competency-specific learning modules (Vertical Reads).
- Features ACGME Core Competencies enabling you to integrate evidence based medicine, continual self-assessment, and cognizance of interpersonal skills into your daily routine.
- Includes features such as “Speaking Intelligently” and “Clinical Thinking” in each chapter to help you see the “big picture.”
- Organizes the most common and must-know surgical signs/symptoms and disorders by presentation, making reference simple.
- Presents “Teaching Visuals”-an interactive teaching device designed to reinforce visual concepts.
- Equips you to perform a more in-depth review of surgical topics with “Clinical Entities” that are referenced to top surgical references.
- Includes access to Student Consult at www.studentconsult.com, where you’ll find the complete text and illustrations of the book online, fully searchable . “Integration Links” to bonus content in other Student Consult titles . M&M form . Self-Assessment Competency Log . Professors Pearls that provide cases with questions and annotated answers . Vertical Reads . and much more!
- Paperback: 808 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; Pap/Psc edition (May 19, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1416037470
- ISBN-13: 978-1416037477
- ISBN-13: 9781416037477
- eText ISBN: 9781455723911