By Nicholas J. Talley MD (NSW) PhD (Syd) MMedSci (Clin Epi)(Newc.) FAHMS FRACP FAFPHM FRCP FACP, Simon O’Connor FRACP DDU FCSANZ
Talley and O’Connor’s Clinical Examination addresses the core principles and clinical skills that underpin diagnosis for safe, effective medical practice.
The text takes an evidence-based, patient-centric approach to conducting a clinical examination. In Volume 1, readers follow a logical framework ordered by body system, covering history taking, clinical examination and correlation between physical signs and disease for each system. Volume 2 focuses on medical specialties.
Originally written by Nicholas J Talley and Simon O’Connor during their registrar years, this book is uniquely targeted to students undertaking their MD or MBBS and is fully updated with the latest clinical data, including specially commissioned research.
- Imaging library and ECG case studies for deep understanding
- History questions suggesting urgent or important diagnosis specially marked
- Differential diagnosis tables to support history taking
- Evidence-based medicine references throughout
- An eBook included in all print purchases
- Expanded history taking sections
- Increased OSCE content
- New clinical photographs
- Publisher : Elsevier; 9th edition (December 20, 2021)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 1026 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0729544249
- ISBN-13 : 978-0729544245
- ISBN-13 : 9780729544245
- eText ISBN: 9780729589246