by Thomas B. Casale, Jonathan Corren
The fifth edition of the Manual of Allergy and Immunology is designed to serve health care professionals in the diagnosis and management of allergic and other immunological disorders. The manual presents the basic and essential material and provides specific information to assist in clinical decision-making and treatment planning.
The specialist will find this manual a convenient reference handbook, while the generalist will be able to use the Manual as a helpful guide in formulating a diagnostic and therapeutic approach to patients suspected of having an allergic or immunologic disorder. Students, house officers, and other health care professionals will find the Manual a useful guide to the clinical practice of allergy and immunology.
New for this edition:
· Additional tables provide extensive data for basic and clinical understanding
· Increased use of algorithms to help provide quick diagnosis
· References include both published literature and authoritative Internet resources for more extensive discussion of each subject
· Therapeutic recommendations are consistent with current evidence-based guidelines to provide the latest information
· Uses the familiar Lippincott Manual outline format to organize information and save time in looking up information
Completely revised and updated for its Fourth Edition, this Spiral(R) Manual is a quick-reference guide to the diagnosis and treatment of allergies and immunologic disorders in children and adults. Coverage includes allergic and immunologic disorders of each organ system; anaphylaxis; insect, drug, and food allergies; rheumatic diseases; immunohematology; transplantation immunology; primary immunodeficiency diseases; HIV disease and related opportunistic infections; immunologic diagnostic techniques; and immunization and immunoprophylaxis. The book is written in an easy-to-scan outline format, with numerous tables. Fourteen appendices provide rapid access to essential information, including normal laboratory values, allergy elimination diets, and manufacturers of allergenic extracts and environmental control products. A Brandon-Hill recommended title.
- ISBN-13: 9781451120516
- Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Publication date: 3/29/2012
- Edition description: Fifth
- Edition number: 5
- Pages: 504