Marion Johnson PhD RN (Author), Sue Moorhead PhD RN (Author), Gloria M. Bulechek PhD RN FAAN (Author), Howard K. Butcher PhD RN PMHCNS-BC (Author), Meridean L. Maas PhD RN FAAN (Author), Elizabeth Swanson PhD RN (Author)
Based on ongoing research conducted by investigative teams at the University of Iowa, NOC and NIC Linkages to NANDA-I and Clinical Conditions: Supporting Critical Thinking and Quality Care, 3rd Edition is the only book on the market that provides linkages between the three standardized languages recognized by the American Nurses Organization (NOC, NIC, and all of the 2009-2010 NANDA-I approved nursing diagnoses). Its user-friendly, tabular format and real-world case studies make it the perfect tool to help you develop effective care plans for your patients. This edition features a new chapter on clinical decision making, a new chapter on the use of NNN in information systems, more concise intervention listings that identify major and suggested interventions, and approximately 20 new linkages to common, high-cost medical diagnoses.
- Linkages between the three standardized languages recognized by the American Nurses Organization: NANDA-I, Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC), and Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC) help you select the most effective care plans for patients and allow institutions to track and quantify nursing care.
- Tabular format allows you to quickly retrieve information.
- Case studies with nursing care plans demonstrate the practical, real-life application of linkages.
- Definitions of all NANDA-I, NOC, and NIC labels provide comprehensive coverage of the standardized languages.
- Serves as an excellent companion to Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC), 4th Edition and Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC), 5th Edition.
- NEW! Added linkages to common medical diagnoses help support clinical reasoning, improve quality, and build the evidence needed to enhance nursing care.
- Includes 15-20 high-frequency, high-cost medical diagnoses that are commonly experienced by patients across the life span.
- Examples include Congestive Heart Failure, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Total Joint Replacement, and Asthma.
- NEW! Treatment of Intervention content makes information easier to locate by listing interventions as Major Interventions and Suggested Interventions.
- Two NEW chapters discuss the use of linkages for clinical reasoning and quality improvement and the use of NNN in computerized information systems.
- NEW! Information associated with the risk for nursing diagnosis is contained on a single page for quick and easy reference.
- Series: NANDA, NOC, and NIC Linkages
- Paperback: 432 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 3 edition (May 13, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 032307703X
- ISBN-13: 978-0323077033
- ISBN-13: 9780323077033
- eText ISBN: 9780323168878
- eText ISBN: 9780323083379