André Y. Denault (Editor), Pierre Couture (Editor), Annette Vegas (Editor), Jean Buithieu (Editor), Jean-Claude Tardif (Editor)
This second edition of the Transesophageal Echocardiography Multimedia Manual is a comprehensive resource and essential guide to the rapidly expanding field of perioperative transesophageal echocardiography (TEE), encompassing newer cardiac surgery techniques, more diverse surgical procedures, and use in the intensive care unit.
With over 900 figures, this well-illustrated manual and its companion DVD demonstrates new developments and challenges for the anesthesiologist, cardiologist, cardiac surgeon, critical care physician, and those interested in perioperative TEE. The accompanying DVD presents two-dimensional examples in their original video format accompanied by sketches, three-dimensional orientation, Doppler-related information, and hemodynamic, radiologic, and anatomical correlation to assist the user visualize the dynamic process of transesophageal echocardiography.
New to this edition!
- Now in full-color with over 800 pages of content, including six new chapters covering new minimally invasive cardiac surgical techniques, non-cardiac surgery, and complementary imaging techniques such as three-dimensional echocardiography plus updates to all existing chapters
- Over 900 high-resolution images to illustrate the advancement of echocardiography technology
- DVD showcasing over 1000 videos of 2-dimensional examples accompanied by 3-dimension orientation providing an interpretation of results, plus over 140 self-test questions
- Expert perspectives from over 85 renowned and experienced anesthesiologists, cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, and critical care physicians from five countries
- Hardcover: 650 pages
- Publisher: CRC Press; 2 edition (November 12, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1420080709
- ISBN-13: 978-1420080704
- ISBN-13: 9781420080704
- eText ISBN: 9781841847535